Pages

Thursday, August 18, 2011

Quilled Decorative Bottle

Hi all, I have another project to share using the new technique, curled loops (tutorial here).  I love pretty glass and when I saw this red one I new that I had to make a project with it. I used the decorative paper and strips from the August Custom Quilling kit to make the embellishments.  Simple 6 petal flowers are accented with curled looped flowers upon the bottle "label" that wraps around the middle of the bottle.


This time I didn't encircle the loops and curled them for a fan like shape.  I really like this technique it has soo many possibilities. I added a bit of the same to the neck of the bottle along with a tassel.


Try this new technique and post your picture links in the comments!  I have put a link to my online quilling class with My Creative Classroom, Quilling, Twirled Paper! on the sidebar.  Registration is now open and the class starts September 15, 2011.  You can register after the class opens and you have access to the class lessons, gallery until December to finish up.  If you have any questions about the class or projects, just email me at appelquillinggarden@yahoo.com .  Another project tomorrow.

Shalom,
Sonya

8 comments:

Artes de Nágela said...

Beautiful!
I loved it!

chillin with Quillin said...

really gorgeous, love the colors!!!!
Paula

Pssequimages said...

I have never seen ANYthing so Gorgeous! How inspiring. JUST beginning to learn how to do this and this is so wonderful. Thank you for sharing.

Unknown said...

just one word that i would like to say.."WOW"

kiddo said...

Beautiful! I love how the curled looped flowers turned out!

Unknown said...

Wow this is fantastic! I have followed you for a time now but never commented. I enjoy your blog!

Ag@t@ said...

Ślicznie. Bardzo mi się podoba kształt butelki. Fajny popmysł

Leslie said...

OMG! I've just looked at your quilling projects, and they are all gorgeous! I'm a new follower as I'd love to see each new one as you post them! You are truly the Quilling Queen!! I bought a quilling kit several years ago and have never tried it because I just didn't think I could do it. You have given me some wonderful inspiration to go ahead and try it! Thanks for sharing all of your beautiful work!
Hugs,
Leslie
http://leslieturner58.blogspot.com